Super Bowl Menu
Let’s face it, some Super Bowl staples like 7-layer dip or pigs-in-a-blanket have become the Buffalo Bills of game day cuisine — they peaked in the 90s, are always a part of the big game but never a winner. If that’s the case at your Super Bowl party, we suggest channeling your inner Peyton Manning and calling an audible on this year’s menu.
- RECIPE BELOW! A New York Sour featuring Colorado distilled whiskey and Washington state syrah
- Rye and Chai with Colorado distilled whiskey
- House-made pimento cheese and pickled watermelon rind layered waffle fries
- Boiled peanut hummus, pickled crudités and fried black eyed peas
- Boudin-stuffed pepper poppers with country ham or bacon wrapped and fried
- Grilled Colorado lamb ribs, black cardamom, burnt honey and yogurt
- RECIPE BELOW! Chicken liver and pork belly bahn mi with marinated collard greens
- Scratch-made biscuit sliders with country ham, pimento cheese, pepper jelly Tabasco and pickled green tomatoes
- Cask & Larder’s homemade milkshake topped with chocolate chantilly
New York Sour cocktail:
1.5 oz spring 44 bourbon
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz simple syrup
– Shake with ice and strain into rocks glass full of ice.
– Top with Washington syrah. Use a spoon for a layered effect, which is what made this prohibition era drink so popular in its heyday.
– Garnish with an orange twist and an Amarena cherry.
Chicken Liver and Pork Belly Bahn Mi:
– Marinate chicken livers with onion, mustard, soy, beer, olive oil and salt. Grill until medium-well.
– Brush sliced bacon with mirin and miso. Crisp in oven.
– Shred collard greens and grate carrots. Marinate in kimchi marinade/puree (can be purchased at Asian markets).
– Grill baguette.
– Open baguette, smear kewpie mayonaise (A Japanese mayo that can also be purchased at an Asian market) on bread. Toss warm chicken livers with collard kimchi, and place in bread. Finish with candied bacon.